We’ve produced a UK Media Trends report for 2015 using the latest available and most credible data to look at which media are rising, which are declining and how the consumption is changing.
The deck is below. Some of the trends worth pointing out are:
1. Internet use is still rising, not many signs of any slowdown in growth there.
2. Traditional media is declining. Broadcast media like TV and radio are declining VERY slowly. Hard media like CDs and newspapers are going down much faster.
3. There is plenty of evidence that video, commerce and messaging is growing fast online.
4. Live event TV has been the most watching thing in the UK every year since 2009
5. Facebook use in the UK dominates every other social media by a factor of 3.5